Friday, June 14, 2019

13A - Reading Reflection

1. The book I chose was Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. What surprised me was how much effort and sacrifice actually went into starting Apple. He went as far as to sell his own belongings to fund the new company. Only to have it taken from him when the board pushed him out. One primary person involved being the marketer he hired. Even after facing all this adversity Jobs started his own software company and contributed to Pixar which makes the best movies.

2. Steve Jobs was extremely picky about every detail in both the products and operation of Apple. He truly believed in providing the best possible experience to the customer. This proved to be both a blessing and a curse as it made it hard for his employees to meet that vision.

3. One thing I found puzzling was what motivated Jobs. It's pretty clear that in his personal life he struggled immensely and before starting Apple he lacked direction. What caused that shift to ultra focused business man. 

4. If Jobs was alive today I would ask him more about the start of Pixar and and any advice he had for those that don't quite fit the academic mold. I would also ask him on advice on my own life since I'm sure his experience could help me.

5. I think Steve Jobs believed in setting goals and not letting go until you achieve them. Something along the lines of goal manifestation. This is clear as he worked relentlessly towards all the goals he set for himself. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mohamed,

    I love that you chose to read up about Steve Jobs! I'm actually doing research on him for one of my other classes. He's definitely one of the world's brightest minds and innovators. I love his story and find him very inspiring for what he did both professionally and in his personal life. I remember reading one of his final essays and it still resonates with me today. He spoke about what he found to be the purpose of life as he was sick during the time. He said how he regretted not spending more time with his loved ones and that he began to realize his wealth and reputation meant nothing.

    ReplyDelete