Friday, June 7, 2019

8A – Solving The Problem

Problem:
The nature of Halal meat makes more expensive to purchase and harder to find since it's not sold in big supermarkets. This puts a cap on convenience available to consumers. The particular market has seen little to no innovation since its inception. While other food based services like Blue Apron not only deliver fresh ingredients to the customer but also supply new recipes.

Solution:
The solution is a novel business idea based off the delivery service known as Blue Apron. Basically Halal meat would be packed along with other ingredients needed to make food from Asia and the Middle East. The recipes included would change every order keeping things fresh. Their is definitely a market with Muslims numbering around 1.3 billion and exotic food in overall demand. Customers would be able to order online from the comfort of their own home and select from a variety of side dips and sauces. I believe this could also benefit the Jewish community as it goes with Kosher foods and also can to the Vegetarian moment with Indian food.   

2 comments:

  1. Mohamed,

    I can see how there is a demand for Halal meat. Do you think there is enough interest in the higher price option of packaged meal kits, though? Currently, don't Muslims simply go to the Halal meat store to obtain whatever meat they need for the upcoming several days?

    I’m curious if there are really many new recipes that Muslims who keep Halal would want to try. Would they not want to make dishes that are typical Muslim dishes that have been in the family? I'm only asking because I am not familiar with the cultural differences.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mohamed! I found the solution for the problem you identified quite interesting. If Halal meat is already more expensive than the other types of meat, then many people could be willing to pay a little surplus for the service you'd offer, since they can't easily find many cheaper alternatives. Also, innovations always attract people, but they could also scare them. Maybe the service could include ingredients for both traditional and innovative recipes, so that a greater amount of people could have an interest in your service.

    ReplyDelete