Friday, June 7, 2019

9A – Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2

Interview 1: The first person I found was a father of twelve children who buys and eats Halal meat. When I described the Blue Apron solution he said that it isn't practical for his family to use such a service. Usually he heads out to a local farm every month and get's his meat fresh.

Interview 2: The second person I interviewed was a college student who also eats Halal. However after I explained the concept he exclaimed that money was already tight and ramen was all he'd eaten for the last month. For him to try the product it would have to be more affordable then eating out.

Interview 3: I asked my mom for advice since she's been cooking my meals since before I could talk. She liked the idea but told me that the recipes included would have to be good and would be a major selling point for the service.

Interview 4: This one took a while to find since people did like the idea. I asked the Imam at my local mosque. For him convenience was key since he was rarely home so a service that had you cook your own food fails him.

Interview 5: The last person that offered constructive criticism was my cousin. He noted that some people in my target audience just don't like to cook and a lot of muslims don't eat Halal.

Who: I interviews people from many different backgrounds because I wasn't really sure what my target audience was. I found target mostly Muslims but I did talk to other people as well.

What: The need for this product falls into a very niched space which is completely fine but also a crucial detail.

Why: At the end of the day it comes down to lifestyle and peoples individual preferences. Obstacles to sales included money and a desire for convenience.

Inside the boundary
Who is In

Muslims that want to cook fresh meals
without having to go and by ingredients.
Also appeals to college students and
small families.

What the Need Is
Halal meat delivery
  

Why the Need Exists
People want to cook and have ingredients
delivered to them

Outside the boundary
Who is not
Expert cooks and people on a budget. Big families.

What the Need is Not:
People can go out and eat and cook for themselves

Alternative Explanations
The demand for the service could be based on the cultural and generational details of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment