Ten Resources I Already Have:
1. I'm nineteen which makes me younger then most established entrepreneurs. This means I have more time and less to lose if I fail.
This resource is not super rare but I'd say it's one of the most valuable ones in my tool belt. Think of how many people wish they did something at my age. Even people that have would trade millions of dollars to be 19 again.
2. I've worked in the market before and have established connections lowering my barrier to entry.
I'd say there are people that have worked in the market before. A good resource but again not super rare for people entering this type of industry.
3. The idea stemmed from my own observations and needs allowing me to connect with my customers more.
This one is less valuable and rare because most business ideas are rooted in this type of process.
4. I have a wide variety of skills including web design which will be crucial in building the business.
Web design is a more valuable skill because it will cut down on potential cost and increase the quality of the end result.
5. The business model itself is unique which lowers potential competition
This is both a valuable and rare resource since it makes the product more exclusive .
6. I've been through google styled design challenges so I'm pretty adaptable in the face of things not working
I'd say this is both valuable and rare because IA students are among the few that do this sort of thing as undergraduates. Also it's geared towards product and service development.
7. I have a good friends that would be interested in partnering and investing
While this isn't all that rare I'd say it's pretty valuable business partners and startup capital is essential.
8. I have a shoddy base of operations but a base nonetheless
It's good to have a place to work out of but not super essential. Doesn't really compete with the other resources.
9. I'm alright at social media marketing
Reduces the cost of marketing and is somewhat valuable but not rare.
10. I'm a UF student and this opens up more opportunities
This is both valuable and rare because of things like gator tank
My top resource came out to having done a Google Styled challenge because it's given me an understanding of what goes into making a service.

I believe 2 resources stuck out the most to me in regards of what can take your furthest. You mentioned how you're very young at 19 years of age, much like what you said, its not a truly unique resource, but time always proves to be the most important one. It allows you to make mistakes and grow from your experiences, being an older student I wish I would have failed more as a younger student, because eventually in faliures you find success. Another resource I believe is valuable is being apart of this great institution, just being apart of the UF family you have instant connections.
ReplyDelete