Friday, August 2, 2019

30A – Final Reflection

1) Read through your posts from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.
I feel like the drudgery crept in towards the end with finals and projects the class became less enjoyable. I also robbed myself of an A ending at a 89.63 so that happened. Overall this class was a lot of fun and taught me the steps of developing a business. In the fall I'm gonna launch my photography business and will definitely carry the lessons from this class into it.  
2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
The readings were definitely insightful and I'd never have encountered these type of books outside of class. I also enjoyed the peer reviews and the different ideas I got to see. I feel like I know the people I reviewed even though I never met them.
3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
Absolutely! I took this class and Creativity in Action at the same time and this helped shape our product. Actually I ended up in a group with another student in this class. Small world right? I think I realized how important capital and showman ship is in a business. You have to add value to other peoples lives.
4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?
Do every assignment or you wont succeed. Keep an open mind and space out the work. Work on your writing and express your creativity. Treat this class like an actual business and come up with a good initial idea.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mohamed,
    I also enjoyed reading the books because they helped improve my own business ideas and gave me useful tips. I believe this class taught me a lot about business, in particular about identifying an opportunity and creating a business idea to develop from zero. Like you, I think the key to be successful in this class is doing every assignment and organizing your time properly. I agree with your point about success in this class and wrote about similar ideas in my own post. I think this was a good reflection on your experiences in the class. Also, good luck with your photography business.

    ReplyDelete