Friday, May 24, 2019

Stop Bugging Me

Here are 20 things that drive me bonkers 

1. Not being able to settle into a comfortable position while doing homework or studying for a test. This results in more time wasted on social media, less work being done, and less material retained. 
Maybe the room is to hot or cold. I also have a tendency compartmentalize myself while sitting and need to lean back. It could also be because of poor fitness and posture.

2. It sucks when you wake up excited to wear your favorite outfit only to realize that your shirt is two sizes smaller then it was originally. 
The clothes probably need to be washed in a specific way to avoid shrinkage.

3. Your getting ready to walk home just after midnight when your earbuds die out of nowhere.
The earbuds have a set battery life and need to be charged as such.

4. Ever plan a outing with the guys only to have half of them flake a few hours before the actual event? Story of my life. 
Perhaps my ethos is weak or people are just busy on the dates selected. The planning process could be to blame.

5. I think earlier today I swore off sugar and committed to exercising or something. Gotta get them six pack abs! Did I mention how good this cupcake is :)
Food is such an intricate part of our culture and with Ramadan and other life events is hard to eat healthy. Also with 17 credits over the summer it's hard to do other things in general.

6. That moment where your white shoes get destroyed after just one wear and you instantly regret your decisions. This also applies to decimated glasses and totaled phone screens. 
Lack of care while wearing coupled with neglectful maintenance.

7. Try spending all day doing homework and just when you think your done Canvas drops the next batch on you.
There isn't enough time in the day to be ahead. Heck It's hard to not fall behind.

8. The world needs to lighten up. People form these little bubbles and can act cold or even mean at times. 
People come from many different backgrounds and everybody has something going on.

9. Praying 5 times a day means making a bunch of wudu. I wish there was a fast and portable way of doing this other then with water bottles. 
Public bathrooms aren't usually equipped to make wudu in and can be quiet dirty. Also it can sometimes feel like work making it more likely for people to miss prayer.

10. I have all these crazy creative ideas but no clue how to go about doing them or where to find the resources to start.
Time, money, knowledge, and talent are all limiting factors. But in retrospect it's all just an excuse. I have a hard time following through. There might be a bit of fear involved too.

11. Spending hours making a cool drawing or photograph only to realize that I hate how it looks.
I'm super picky about visual art in general. Also judgment from those around me.

12. Sucking at math so bad that it's actually affecting my future goals. 
A weak foundation in math coupled with disinterest. Also almost all tracks in college require math classes.

13. Anxiety is the worst feeling in the world. Your palms get sweaty, your heart rate goes up, and you start pacing around. 
I often find myself in a pickle or overthink things.

14. How temporary everything is and how little any of it matters in the face of inevitable death.
Religion aside, we're all gonna die and eventually our bodies will disappear. Our legacy can only hold for so long before we're forgotten. Most things we do, both good and bad ultimately won't matter.

15. Unorganized thoughts and messy environments make it hard to focus on tasks at hand. 
I have four siblings with the oldest being thirteen. This makes having a plan hard but necessary. Gotta bring order to the chaos.

16. Am I a good person. Is what I'm doing right? Wrong? Somewhere in between? 
Life isn't a multiple choice test. We often find ourselves in situations with no right answer. Maybe I haven't truly drawn a line in the sand and prioritized my life.

17. Committing to things I don't really care about and sacrificing things I do.
This is mostly clubs and organizations I joined out of curiosity and ended up stuck in. It's hard to peace out and walk away.

18. STEM majors making all the big bucks with the humanities increasingly disappearing. 
They have a "harder" job and thus make more. The perceived value of the humanities has gone down in society.

19. Wood floors have this annoying tendency to get dirty every five minutes. 
They aren't any dirtier then carpet. They just don't hide the dirt as well because of the texture.

20. Relying on others for money or things in general. 
Everyone has there own thing going. In college it's hard to study and keep a job that pays all the bills. Also sometimes we need help.

Reflection: Coming up with "bugs" wasn't to hard considering that these are all things that I struggle with on a daily basis. I think the hardest part was putting them into words. It was very cathartic actually and I'm interested in seeing how you guys respond! What are some things that make you tick? Let me know in the comments section bellow. 

1 comment:

  1. Mohamed,

    You have compiled a great list of bugs. Your post was fun to read because you included humor in some of the bugs. I agree with you that putting words to bugs is difficult. Your canvas bug is so true. Right as I get caught up and clear the upper-left to-do list, a new set is released. I feel your frustration but the way you worded it was great.

    ReplyDelete